Posting in College Facilities
Memorandum #159 Posting in College Facilities
Original Number: 159
Original Date of Issue: April 19, 2004
The dissemination of information is the cornerstone of any educational system. As such, the opportunity to inform other members of the College community is regulated herein, not as a means of restricting the flow of information, but as an orderly means of insuring all factions are given equal access to the available space for posting while not detracting from the aesthetics of the facilities. The following procedures apply to all individual, personal, organizational and commercial publicity which is posted on the Main and Regional Centers campuses. It does not apply to departmental and/or divisional (including faculty office doors) operational materials posted within areas assigned to that department/division unless specifically noted.
All postings must conform to all applicable College policies. Specifically, postings must adhere to the College’s Statement of Mission and Affirmative Action Statement.
To that end, both “Public” and “College” corkboards will be provided through out the College.
- Posting of flyers, leaflets, promotional materials, etc., is prohibited in College Buildings except at designated corkboards and kiosks.
- Postings that advertise goods or services, events, sales or activities not sponsored by the College may only be posted on the corkboard or kiosk identified as a "Public Board."
- Postings that advertise College events or activities and postings that are intended to make students and/or faculty and staff aware of College-related issues are to be posted on the corkboard or kiosk identified as a "College Board." All postings on the “College Boards” must include sponsoring College office or department name and contact information, e.g., phone, e-mail, web address.
- No more than one event notice or posting is permitted per location. Multiple copies of the same flyer are not permitted at a single location.
- All postings on the “Public Boards” will be removed on the 15th and 30th of each month.
- All postings on “College Boards” will be removed on the 30th of each month.
- The size of postings on the "Public Board" cannot exceed 8 1/2 " x 11" unless prior approval is received from the Office of Student Activities (Room S1-10).
- The size of postings on the "College Board" cannot exceed 22" x 28". Postings in non-authorized areas of College Buildings will be taken down immediately. Disciplinary and/or legal actions may be pursued against individuals in violation of this policy.