From computers and computer supplies, National College Bestsellers, backpacks, spirit apparel and giftware, the College Bookstores offer much more than textbooks, course materials and school supplies.
- Main Campus (Pavilion Building A), Northwest and Northeast Regional Centers have full-service bookstores.
- The West Regional Center has a temporary bookstore that is open during the first two weeks of classes
- Online Learning textbooks and course materials are only sold at the Main Campus bookstore
Textbooks and course materials are sold at the bookstore location where the related class is taught. To view contact information and hours for each bookstore location visit the Community College of Philadelphia's Barns and Nobles page and select Contact Us; then select the bookstore location from the dropdown menu.
You can shop online anytime. Online orders are available for pickup 72 business hours after the order is placed. Students can order textbooks online at the beginning of each semester. Online textbook orders are available for pick up at the bookstore location where the class is taught; online textbook orders for classes taught at the West Regional Center or through Online Learning are available for pick up only at the Main Campus bookstore.
The bookstore rents publisher-approved rental textbooks at less than 50% of the retail price. The list of available rental textbooks is subject to change.
Please be aware of the following rental conditions:
- You can rent textbooks in-store or online using cash, credit card or Financial Aid Bookstore Credit as appropriate. In addition to making your rental payment, you must provide a valid credit card number which will remain securely on file for future rental transactions.
- You can neatly highlight and mark in a rental textbook as long as it remains in sellable condition.
- If you decide to purchase your rental textbook, you must do so during the first two weeks of classes to avoid additional fees.
- You must return all rental textbooks, either in person or by mail (insured shipping is recommended) to the bookstore location from which you rented by the last day of exams in order to avoid replacement fees.
- If you decide to purchase the rental textbook after the first two weeks of classes or if you do not return the rental textbook by the last day of exams, your credit card will be charged for 75% of the new book price plus a 7.5% processing fee.
Financial Aid Bookstore Credit
Financial Aid Bookstore Credit is available for qualified students. Bookstore Credit must be active before being used as payment for purchases in the bookstore or online. To learn how to check your Financial Aid Bookstore Credit status, visit the Financial Aid website.
Students making purchases with Bookstore Credit in the bookstore must present their Colonial Card for identification purposes. Students picking up online orders paid with Bookstore Credit must also present their Colonial Card for identification.
Summer 2018 Financial Aid Bookstore Credit Spending Dates will be available shortly.
Online Learning Course Materials
Textbooks and supplies for Online Learning classes are sold only at the Main Campus bookstore. Students purchasing Online Learning course materials online with Financial Aid Bookstore Credit must pick up the order at the Main Campus bookstore. Students purchasing Online Learning course materials online with a personal credit/debit card can opt for a shipping fee and have their order delivered to their residence.