Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning
News & Announcements
- offer the opportunity for gaining expert knowledge about HIP best practices and classroom implementation
- lay the groundwork for continued professional learning activities in the fall semester
- provide collaborative and networking experiences with colleagues
The Science of Learning: Unpacking Teaching and Learning During COVID-19
- Explore principles of learning that directly address common questions and issues that are emerging while teaching during the pandemic
- Discuss with colleagues what strategies are working and what's not
- Explore opportunities to collaborate and support each other
Coverage Responds to Faculty FAQs Regarding:
- Motivation and Engagement
- Effective Methods for Teaching and Learning Remotely
- Strategies for Teaching During the Crisis and Beyond
- Applying Principles of the Learning Sciences to Faculty Questions and Challenges (20 mins)
- Going Deeper with Colleagues (25 mins in breakout sessions)
- Sharing the Learning Across Conversations (15 minute debrief)
Please join colleagues from across the College's three academic divisions for the FCTL's Assessment Academy. This hybrid PD series begins this month and will continue through fall and beyond! Participants can earn their bronze, silver, or gold level certificate. Save the dates for the following spring sessions:
Session 1: Tues. March 23 from 2-3 p.m.
What is quality Assessment? Why do we do Assessment? (Lisa Johnson & Ilze Nix)
Session 2: Wed. April 14 from 1-2 p.m.
The cycle of assessment: how not to reinvent the wheel (Liz Canapary & Ilze Nix)
Session 3: Tues. April 27 from 1-2 p.m. (PD Day)
Transparency in Learning and Teaching (Lisa Johnson & Laura Davidson)
*All sessions will be recorded and uploaded to the Canvas course.
Community College of Philadelphia, Delaware County Community College, and Mercer County Community College are working together to host "Staying the Course," a virtual conference on February 24, 2021. The Call for Proposals has been extended!
Conference tracks are:
We wanted to share the following professional development opportunity with you. Harrisburg Area Community College (HACC) is hosting Dr. Kevin Gannon as their first Diversity Scholar-in-Residence to help educators explore how we can better infuse inclusive excellence and equity into our learning environments and work with students. Below is information on two sessions that will be open to the public. While these sessions do fall during our PD Week, some faculty may be interested in attending.
- 1 of 3
- next ›