Location: Kutztown, PA
Number of undergraduate students: 8,244 (year)
Type of Institution: public - Pennsylvania State System of
Higher Education (PASSHE)
Delivery Format: traditional day
Course Equivalency List
Tuition and fees
Community College of Philadelphia has three types of transfer agreements with Kutztown University: dual admissions, core-to-core and program-to-program. To benefit from any of these agreements students must earn an appropriate associate degree before transfer. These agreements are not exclusive of one another and the agreements can complement one another.
Kutztown University and Community College of Philadelphia have developed a dual admissions agreement. This agreement is designed to assist students who earn an appropriate associate degree to transfer to Kutztown University. Kutztown University guarantees admissions on the condition that students meet all the requirements.
Admissions into a particular major is not guaranteed. Upon transfer, students earn junior standing for matching majors. Support and financial incentives, including scholarship awards, are built-in to offer students the best opportunity for success.
Students who do not qualify for dual admissions, are still eligible to transfer to Kutztown University. Please review the list of approved programs below and visit with a Community College of Philadelphia academic advisor or counselor for further assistance.
Kutztown University and Community College of Philadelphia have a core-to-core agreement. In this, Kutztown University agrees to accept the General Education embedded in Community College of Philadelphia’s Associate in Arts (A.A.), Associate in Science (A.S.) or Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degrees as meeting all the requirements of its general education which currently consist of university core requirements, university distribution requirements, and college distribution requirements. Depending on which program/college a student transfers into, specific general education courses may be required.
This core-to-core agreement applies to all A.A., A.S., and approved A.A.S. degrees and is not limited to students who participate in dual admissions. Core-to-core transfer does not alter the requirements of the student's major field of study.
These are agreements in which an entire curriculum or program of study is accepted, so graduates of these specific associate degree programs transfer with advanced standing to a matching specific bachelor's degree program at Kutztown University.
Statewide Transfer Agreement
Students who are not eligible to pursue dual admissions are still eligible to benefit from the Statewide Transfer Agreement.
As one of Pennsylvania’s public universities within the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE), Kutztown University is a member of the Pennsylvania Statewide Transfer System, dedicated to accepting the transfer of Associate of Arts (A.A.) and Associate of Science (A.S.) degrees into parallel baccalaureate programs with full junior standing, recognizing all the competencies attained within the associate degree programs. The associate degree may integrate courses to satisfy part of a 30-credit framework.
To benefit from this Statewide Transfer program-to-program agreement, students must earn an appropriate associate degree in any of the following Community College of Philadelphia programs before transfer.
- Art and Design
- Business-Accelerated or Business-General
- Communication Studies
- Computer Science
- Education (birth - 4th grade)
- Mass Media
Search for Programs
Dual Admissions Eligibility
Kutztown University welcomes applicants to the Dual Admissions Program in order to facilitate the transfer of students from Community College of Philadelphia to Kutztown University with third-year (junior) status for the purpose of entering a bachelor’s degree program.
To be eligible for this program, students must:
- Submit a dual admissions intent form before earning no more than 30 graded college level credits (grades of A, B, C, D, F) from Community College of Philadelphia or any other college/university. Once a student has completed this form, they are strongly encouraged to contact a Kutztown University admissions representative and meet with a Community College of Philadelphia academic advisor or counselor to develop a course-taking strategy.
- Complete the Kutztown University admissions application and appropriate admissions materials during the last semester at Community College of Philadelphia.
- Graduate from Community College of Philadelphia with an Associate in Arts (A.A.), Associate in Science (A.S.) or Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree in one of the approved programs listed.
- Achieve a minimum Community College of Philadelphia cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 (or a 3.0 in Education).
- Enroll directly to Kutztown University within one year of completing an associate degree program of study from Community College of Philadelphia and not attend another institution between graduation and attendance at Kutztown University.
To submit a Dual Admissions intent form, login to MyCCP and find “Transfer/Dual Admissions” on the top right side of the MyGPS tab.
- Students who have previously been matriculated to Kutztown University are not eligible for the Kutztown University dual admissions program.
- A full-time student admitted with third-year (junior) status to Kutztown University will be able to complete most bachelor's degrees at Kutztown University within four regular (fall/spring) semesters provided the student completes the appropriate associate degree program at Community College of Philadelphia and completes the appropriate sequence of their remaining course work at Kutztown University.
- Grades of “D” or higher will transfer to Kutztown University as the student has earned their A.A., A.S., and specified A.A.S. degrees with a minimum GPA of 2.0 (3.0 for Education majors). Students seeking to pursue a degree with Kutztown University's education department with 48+ credits are required to earn a C or better in: One English composition course, one English literature course, and two college-level math courses.
- Students who are not eligible to pursue dual admissions are still eligible to benefit from the Statewide Transfer Agreement.
Advantages of Dual Admissions
Students who participate in dual admissions are eligible for the following benefits:
- Application fee to Kutztown University will be waived.
- A one-time book award to all first-time, full-time or part-time Community College of Philadelphia students earning an associate degree.
- Housing assistance to all full-time Community College of Philadlephia students, with or without a dual admissions intent form, earning an associate degree (A.A., A.S. or A.A.S.) prior to attending Kutztown University
- Scholarships for dual admissions students enrolled full-time (12 or more credits) with an appropriate Community College of Philadelphia cumulative GPA.
- Informational meetings with Kutztown University staff at Kutztown University’s campus and Community College of Philadelphia main campus for assistance in matriculating to Kutztown University.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
Kutztown University will award a one-time $500 book award to all first-time transfer students, with or without a dual admissions intent form, earning an associate degree (A.A., A.S. or A.A.S.) and enrolling as first-time, full-time or part-time at Kutztown University with a minimum cumulative 2.0 Community College of Philadelphia GPA. This one-time book award is for Fall and Spring semesters only – up to $250 for each semester.
Campus Housing Award
Kutztown University will award a $1,000 campus housing award to all incoming transfer students full time, with or without a dual admissions intent form, earning an associate degree (A.A., A.S. or A.A.S.) prior to attending KU. The award is renewed for the second year of on campus living or for a total of 4 consecutive on-campus semesters of attendance.
Dual Admissions Merit Transfer Scholarships
In addition to the one-time Book Award, Kutztown University shall offer dual admissions students a Dual Admissions Scholarship based upon the following guidelines:
Full-time at Kutztown University – enrolled in 12 or more credits a semester
- GPA 3.5 to 4.0 = $2,000 per year
- GPA 3.0 to 3.49 = $1,000 per year
All dual admissions merit scholarships may be renewed for up to six (6) semesters for full-time students contingent upon students maintaining the same transfer GPA scholarship requirements while at KU and submitting their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
The Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship is awarded to eight incoming transfer students who exhibit promising academic performance and ability to participate in Kutztown University's Honors program as evidenced by a 3.25 or higher transfer GPA at the time of admission application. Selected students will receive a $2,000 scholarship for up to two years of full-time undergraduate enrollment at Kutztown University. This award is available only for fall and spring courses.
Interested students should indicate PTK membership on their admissions application and apply to the university prior to May 1 (November 1 for spring applicants). Students applying after the fall and spring application deadlines will be considered if funds are available.
Transfer students will be awarded Financial Aid on the same basis as all Kutztown University students and will have equal access to all state and federal financial aid programs.
For information concerning transfer please schedule an appointment to visit a Community College of Philadelphia academic advisor or counselor. Students are also welcome to contact the transfer institution directly.
Community College of Philadelphia
Bonnell Building, BG-12
1700 Spring Garden Street
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Bonnell Building, BG-7
1700 Spring Garden Street
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Chloe C. Lecy, M.A.
Assistant Director of Transfer Admissions
Approved Academic Degree Programs
The following Associate in Arts (A.A.), Associate in Science (A.S.) and Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree programs at Community College of Philadelphia are approved for Dual Admissions and Core-to-Core to the corresponding degree programs at Kutztown University.
Students who do not qualify for dual admission and/or are interested in transfer for programs other than those listed should contact a Kutztown University undergraduate admissions representative and/or meet with a Community College of Philadelphia academic advisor or counselor to discuss an appropriate plan of transfer.
Search by Program
Use the category headers to sort by Community College of Philadelphia program major or Transfer Program major.
|CCP Program||Bachelor Program|
|Accounting||Business Administration - Accounting|
|Art and Design||Applied Digital Arts (requires portfolio)|
|Art and Design||Art Education (requires portfolio)|
|Art and Design||Studio Art (requires portfolio)|
|Biological Sciences||Environmental Science|
|Business||Business Administration - Accounting|
|Business||Business Administration - Finance|
|Business||Business Administration - Management|
|Business||Business Administration - Marketing|
|Business - Accelerated||Business Administration - Management|
|Business - Accelerated||Business Administration - Marketing|
|Business - Accelerated||Business Administration - Accounting|
|Business - Accelerated||Business Administration - Finance|
|Business - General||Business Administration - Accounting|
|Business - General||Business Administration - Finance|
|Business - General||Business Administration - Management|
|Business - General||Business Administration - Marketing|
|Business Administration||Business Administration - Accounting|
|Business Administration||Business Administration - Finance|
|Business Administration||Business Administration - Management|
|Business Administration||Business Administration - Marketing|
|Communication Studies||Communication Studies|
|Computer Science||Information Technology|
|Criminal Justice||Criminal Justice|
|Digital Video Production||Cinema, Television, and Media Production|
|Education - Early Childhood (Birth to 4th Grade)||Elementary Education, Grades Pre-K-4 (minimum 3.0 GPA)|
|Education - Middle and Secondary Level||Secondary Education (minimum 3.0 GPA)|
|Education - Middle Level (4th to 8th grade)||Elementary Education, Grades 4-8 (minimum 3.0 GPA)|
|Education - Secondary Humanities/Citizenship||Secondary Education (minimum 3.0 GPA)|
|Education - Secondary Humanities/Social Studies Option||Secondary Education (minimum 3.0 GPA)|
|Education - Secondary Math/Science Option||Secondary Education (minimum 3.0 GPA)|
|Liberal Arts - Social/Behavioral Science||Geography|
|Mass Media||Communication Studies|
|Mass Media||Professional Writing|
|Music - Performance||Commercial Music (requires audition)|
|Music - Performance||Music (requires audition)|
|Music - Performance||Music Education (requires audition)|
|Music - Performance||Music Performance (requires audition)|