Resources for New Students
Congratulations! You've taken the first steps to begin your academic studies at Community College of Philadelphia. There are many different resources and programs at the College, and they all have one goal: to help you succeed. Browse through the following list to see what's available, and visit each program or department page for detailed information like hours, location, services offered and staff.
A large selection of resources and services to ensure your success as a student.
- See if you qualify for state/federal benefits
- Tax prep and filing
- Legal and immigration consultations
- Financial counseling and referral services
- FYE course students must complete self-screening profile.
We'll help you with research questions and provide you with the skills to utilize a wide range of resources to support your studies
- Computers and wireless access
- Scanners and photocopiers
- Personal and group study spaces
- Online access to books, articles and databases
Dedicated to helping students stay free of drugs and alcohol while simultaneously pursuing a college education.
- Weekly peer-to-peer group support and recovery meetings
- Weekly individual coaching sessions with graduates of the College's Behavioral Health/Human Services program
- Structured activities at the College and off campus
- Get information on your class performance early in the semester
- Track and take action to improve your academic performance
Serving our active duty and veteran military community and their families
- Help with Veterans Affairs laws, regulations and College policies
- Colonial Colleagues, an online community for student veterans
- Peer group discussions and the student veterans club
Take advantage of tutoring support to get, and stay, ahead of your work.
- Work with faculty specialists or peer tutors (i.e., students who’ve passed the same courses you're taking)
- Participate in group or individualized sessions — you decide
- Get tips for scheduling and prepping for your appointment
- Computer workstations with up-to-date software and printing capabilities
- On-site helpers and aides to assist with student needs
- A productive environment in which to complete coursework