Location: Glenside, PA
Number of undergraduate students: 2,501 (year)
Type of Institution: Private, global, religious
Delivery Format: traditional day
Course Equivalency List
Tuition and fees
Virtual Campus Tour
Community College of Philadelphia has three types of transfer agreements with Arcadia University: dual admissions, core-to-core and program-to-program. To benefit from any of these agreements students must earn an appropriate associate degree before transfer. These agreements are not exclusive of one another and the agreements can complement one another.
Arcadia University and Community College of Philadelphia have developed a dual admissions agreement. This agreement is designed to assist students who earn an appropriate associate degree to transfer to Arcadia University. Arcadia University guarantees admissions on the condition that students meet all the requirements.
Admissions into a particular major is not guaranteed. Upon transfer, students earn junior standing for matching majors. Support and financial incentives, including scholarship awards, are built-in to offer students the best opportunity for success.
Students who do not qualify for dual admissions, are still eligible to transfer to Arcadia University. Please review the list of approved programs below and visit with a Community College of Philadelphia academic advisor or counselor for further assistance.
Arcadia University and Community College of Philadelphia have a core-to-core agreement. In this, Arcadia University agrees to accept the General Education embedded in Community College of Philadelphia’s Associate in Arts (A.A.) or Associate in Science (A.S.) degree as meeting all the requirements of its undergraduate General Education requirements, except for the Global Connections Experience and Reflection course and the Senior Capstone course.
This core-to-core agreement applies to all A.A. and A.S. degrees and is not limited to students who participate in dual admissions. Core-to-core transfer does not alter the requirements of the student's major field of study.
These are agreements in which an entire curriculum or program of study is accepted, so graduates of these specific associate degree programs transfer with advanced standing to a matching specific bachelor's degree program at Arcadia University.
Early Childhood Education Program-to-Program Agreement for Community College of Philadelphia students who earn the Associate in Arts (A.A.) in Education: Early Childhood (Birth to 4th Grade).
To learn about the Pennsylvania Child Care Association’s T.E.A.C.H. (Teacher Education And Compensation Helps) Early Childhood® PENNSYLVANIA Scholarship Program, go to www.pacca.org or contact, Dr. Amy Saia, Program Coordinator of the Community College of Philadelphia Education program, email@example.com.
Search for Programs
Dual Admissions Eligibility
Arcadia University welcomes applicants to the Dual Admissions Program in order to facilitate the transfer of students from Community College of Philadelphia to Arcadia University with third-year (junior) status for the purpose of entering a bachelor’s degree program
To be eligible for this program, students must:
- Submit a Dual Admissions intent form before earning no more than 45 graded college level credits (grades of A, B, C, D, F) from Community College of Philadelphia or any other college/university. Once a student has completed this form, he or she is strongly encouraged to meet with an Arcadia University admissions representative and a Community College of Philadelphia academic advisor or counselor to develop a course taking strategy.
- Complete the Arcadia University admissions application and process within one year of graduation from Community College of Philadelphia.
- Graduate from Community College of Philadelphia with an Associate in Arts (A.A.), Associate in Science (A.S.) degree in one of the approved programs listed.
- Achieve a minimum Community College of Philadelphia cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 within an associate’s program of study (or a 3.0 in Education and 3.2 for Pre-Physician’s Assistant or Pre-Physical Therapy). Only courses with a grade of C or higher will be eligible for transfer.
- Enroll directly to Arcadia University within one year of completing an associate degree program of study from Community College of Philadelphia and not attend another institution between graduation and attendance at Arcadia University.
To submit a Dual Admissions intent form, login to MyCCP and find “Transfer/Dual Admissions” on the top right side of the MyGPS tab.
- Students who have previously been matriculated to Arcadia University are not eligible for the Arcadia University Dual Admissions program.
- A full-time student admitted with third-year (junior) status to Arcadia University will be able to complete most bachelor's degrees at Arcadia University within four regular semesters provided the student completes the appropriate associate degree program at Community College of Philadelphia and completes the appropriate sequence of his/her remaining course work at Arcadia University.
- Arcadia University requires matriculated students to complete half of their major courses at the University. Arcadia University will accept a maximum of 75 credits from a 2-year college.
- All transfer students who have less than a B in ENGL 101 will take a writing sample at Arcadia University. The writing sample will provide the information English Department faculty need to develop a personalized program for the student that is intended to promote success in future writing courses.
Advantages of Dual Admissions
Students who participate in Dual Admissions are eligible for the following benefits:
- Application fee to Arcadia University will be waived.
- Merit Scholarships for dual admissions students who enroll full-time (12 or more credits) or part-time (6 to 11 credits) with a 3.0 or higher Community College of Philadelphia cumulative GPA.
- Informational meetings with Arcadia University staff at Arcadia University’s campus and Community College of Philadelphia main campus for assistance in matriculating to Arcadia University.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
Dual Admissions-Partner Scholarship
Community College of Philadelphia dual admissions graduates with a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA (from all institutions attended) and who enroll to Arcadia University as new full-time transfers will be awarded an annual scholarship of $5,000 in addition to the Distinguished Scholarship.
Distinguished Merit Scholarships
Community College of Philadelphia students who transfer to Arcadia University and enroll on a full-time or part-time basis are eligible to receive an annual merit scholarship based on their final Community College of Philadelphia cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Full-time at Arcadia University – enrolled in 12 or more credits a semester
- GPA 3.5 to 4.0 = minimum of $18,000 per year
- GPA 3.2 to 3.49 = minimum of $15,000 per year
- GPA 3.0 to 3.19 = minimum of $12,000 per year
Part-time at Arcadia University – enrolled in 6 to 11 credits a semester
- GPA 3.0 to 4.0 = $2,000 per year
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
Phi Theta Kappa members attending Arcadia University on a full-time day basis are guaranteed a minimum of $16,000 per year in merit scholarship on the condition that they earn at least a 3.5 transfer GPA (from all institutions combined) and submit proof of PTK membership at the time of acceptance.
Alpha Beta Gamma Scholarship
Alpha Beta Gamma members attending Arcadia University on a full-time basis are guaranteed a minimum of $10,500 per year on the condition they earn a least a 3.0 cumulative transfer GPA (from all institutions combined) and submit proof of ABG membership at the time of acceptance.
Students that are members of both Phi Theta Kappa and Alpha Beta Gamma will receive one Distinguished Scholarship, which will be the higher of either the PTK or ABG amounts they qualify for (for a potential annual maximum Distinguished Scholarship of up to $18,000).
All scholarships are renewable, contingent upon the student maintaining the required cumulative GPA of a 2.0 while attending Arcadia University.
Transfer students will be awarded Financial Aid on the same basis as all Arcadia University students and will have equal access to all state and federal financial aid programs.
For information concerning transfer please schedule an appointment to visit a Community College of Philadelphia academic advisor or counselor. Students are also welcome to contact the transfer institution directly.
Community College of Philadelphia
Bonnell Building, BG-12
1700 Spring Garden Street
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Bonnell Building, BG-7
1700 Spring Garden Street
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Approved Academic Degree Programs
The following Associate in Arts (A.A.) and Associate in Science (A.S.) degree programs at Community College of Philadelphia are approved for Dual Admissions and Core-to-Core to the corresponding degree programs at Arcadia University.
Students who do not qualify for dual admission and/or are interested in transfer for programs other than those listed should contact a Arcadia University undergraduate admissions representative and/or meet with a Community College of Philadelphia academic advisor or counselor to discuss an appropriate plan of transfer.
Search by Program
Use the category headers to sort by Community College of Philadelphia program major or Transfer Program major.
|CCP Program||Bachelor Program||Transfer Guidelines|
|Art and Design||Art|
|Business Administration||Business Administration|
|Business Administration||Healthcare Administration|
|Business Administration||International Business|
|Communication Studies||Global Media|
|Communication Studies||Media and Communication|
|Computer Science||Computer Science|
|Education-Early Childhood (Birth to 4th Grade)||Pre-K to 4 Education||Transfer Guide|
|Health Services Management||Healthcare Administration|
|International Studies||Cultural Anthropology|
|International Studies||French Studies|
|International Studies||Global Field Studies|
|International Studies||Global Legal Studies|
|International Studies||Global Media|
|International Studies||Global Security and Emergency Management|
|International Studies||International Studies|
|International Studies||Italian Studies|
|International Studies||Political Science|
|International Studies||Pre-International Peace and Conflict Resolution|
|International Studies||Spanish Cultural Studies|
|Liberal Arts||International Studies|
|Liberal Arts||Italian Studies|
|Liberal Arts||Media and Communication|
|Liberal Arts||Political Science|
|Liberal Arts||Pre-International Peace and Conflict Resolution|
|Liberal Arts||Spanish Cultural Studies|
|Liberal Arts||Sport Psychology|
|Liberal Arts||Criminal Justice|
|Liberal Arts||Cultural Anthropology|
|Liberal Arts||French Studies|
|Liberal Arts||Global Field Studies|
|Liberal Arts||Global Legal Studies|