Holy Family University
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Number of undergraduate students: 1,824 (year)
Type of Institution: Private, non-profit, Roman Catholic
Delivery Format: traditional day
Equivalency list: Course Equivalency List
Tuition and fees: https://www.holyfamily.edu
Community College of Philadelphia has three types of transfer agreements with Holy Family University: dual admissions, core-to-core and program-to-program. To benefit from any of these agreements students must earn an appropriate associate degree before transfer. These agreements are not exclusive of one another and the agreements can complement one another.
Holy Family University and Community College of Philadelphia have developed a dual admissions agreement. This agreement is designed to assist students who earn an appropriate associate degree to transfer to Holy Family University. Holy Family University guarantees admissions on the condition that students meet all the requirements.
Admissions into a particular major is not guaranteed. Upon transfer, students earn junior standing for matching majors. Support and financial incentives, including scholarship awards, are built-in to offer students the best opportunity for success.
Students who do not qualify for dual admissions, are still eligible to transfer to Holy Family University. Please review the list of approved programs below and visit with a Community College of Philadelphia academic advisor or counselor for further assistance.
Core-to-Core (Community Bridge)
Holy Family University offers Community College of Philadelphia graduates the benefits of core-to-core under “Community Bridge.” Through this, Holy Family University agrees to accept the General Education embedded in Community College of Philadelphia’s Associate in Arts (A.A.) and Associate in Science (A.S.) degrees as meeting all the requirements of its undergraduate General Education requirements.
This core-to-core agreement applies to all A.A and A.S. degrees and is not limited to students who participate in dual admissions. Core-to-core transfer does not alter the requirements of the student's major field of study.
These are agreements in which an entire curriculum or program of study is accepted, so graduates of these specific associate degree programs transfer with advanced standing to a matching specific bachelor's degree program at Holy Family University.
Search for Programs
Dual Admissions Eligibility
Holy Family University welcomes applicants to the Dual Admissions Program in order to facilitate the transfer of students from Community College of Philadelphia to Holy Family University with third-year (junior) status for the purpose of entering a bachelor’s degree program. This Dual Admissions agreement applies only to Holy Family University majors offered through traditional day admission.
To be eligible for this program, students must:
- Submit a dual admissions intent form before earning no more than 45 graded college level credits (grades of A, B, C, D, F) from Community College of Philadelphia or any other college/university. Once a student has completed this form, he or she is strongly encouraged to meet with a Holy Family University admissions representative and a Community College of Philadelphia academic advisor or counselor to develop a course taking strategy.
- Complete the Holy Family University admissions application within one year of graduation from Community College of Philadelphia and satisfy all other regular Holy Family University admissions requirements.
- Graduate from Community College of Philadelphia with an Associate in Arts (A.A.), Associate in Science (A.S.) or Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree in one of the approved programs listed.
- Achieve a cumulative 2.0 Community College of Philadelphia grade point average (GPA). Students in Education programs must have at least a 2.8 cumulative Community College of Philadelphia GPA. (A student may be granted one semester at Holy Family University to raise his/her average to 2.8.)
- Enroll at Holy Family University within one year of Community College of Philadelphia graduation and not attend another institution of higher education between the time of graduation from Community College of Philadelphia and attendance at Holy Family University.
To submit a Dual Admissions intent form, login to MyCCP and find “Transfer/Dual Admissions” on the top right side of the MyGPS tab.
- Students who have previously been matriculated to Holy Family University are not eligible for the Holy Family University dual admissions program.
- Grades of “C” or higher are required for any and all courses transferred to Holy Family University including courses transferred to and accepted by Community College of Philadelphia from other institutions.
- Students must have earned at least 54 transferable credits for junior status at Holy Family University. A maximum of 75 credits will transfer to Holy Family University and at least 45 credits must be completed at Holy Family University; Education majors must complete at least 48 credits at Holy Family University.
- A full-time student enrolling at Holy Family University during a fall semester and admitted with third-year (junior) status will be able to complete most bachelor's degrees at Holy Family University within four regular (fall/spring) semesters provided the student completes the appropriate associate degree program at Community College of Philadelphia and completes the appropriate sequence of his/her remaining course work at Holy Family University. Entry in the Spring semester will result in extending the degree completion beyond four semesters due to the course progression requirement and availability, unless otherwise noted.
Advantages of Dual Admissions
Students who participate in dual admissions are eligible for the following benefits:
- Application fee to Holy Family University will be waived.
- Scholarships for dual admissions students who enroll full-time (12 or more credits) with a 2.5 or higher cumulative Community College of Philadelphia GPA.
- Informational meetings with Holy Family staff at Community College of Philadelphia campus/regional centers for assistance in matriculating to Holy Family University
Scholarships and Financial Aid
Academic scholarships will be awarded for an academic year to dual admissions students whose cumulative Community College of Philadelphia GPA is 2.5 or higher. All scholarships are renewable at Holy Family University, contingent upon the student maintaining the minimum required cumulative GPA at Holy Family University.
Full-time at Holy Family University – enrolled in 12 or more credits a semester
- 3.5 to 4.0 = $14,000 per year
- 3.2 to 3.49 = $12,500 per year
- 2.8 to 3.19 = $10,000 per year
- 2.5 to 2.79 = $8,500 per year
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship - $2000
All Phi Theta Kappa members attending Holy Family University on a full-time day basis are eligible for an additional $2,000 award with proof of membership. Students must submit proof at the time of acceptance in order to be awarded the scholarship.
Dual admissions students will be awarded Financial Aid on the same basis as all Holy Family University students and will have equal access to all state and federal financial aid programs. Students who submit the FAFSA are also eligible for need-based and other types of financial aid.
For information concerning transfer please schedule an appointment to visit a Community College of Philadelphia academic advisor or counselor. Students are also welcome to contact the transfer institution directly.
Community College of Philadelphia
Bonnell Building, BG-12
1700 Spring Garden Street
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Bonnell Building, BG-7
1700 Spring Garden Street
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Holy Family University
Melissa Preston, MA
Associate Director of Admissions
Approved Academic Degree Programs
The following Associate in Arts (A.A.), Associate in Science (A.S.) and Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree programs at Community College of Philadelphia are approved for Dual Admissions and Core-to-Core to the corresponding degree programs at Holy Family University.
Students who do not qualify for dual admission and/or are interested in transfer for programs other than those listed should contact a Holy Family University undergraduate admissions representative and/or meet with a Community College of Philadelphia academic advisor or counselor to discuss an appropriate plan of transfer.
Search by Program
Use the category headers to sort by Community College of Philadelphia program major or Transfer Program major.
|CCP Program||Bachelor Program|
|Business - Accelerated||Management/Marketing|
|Business - Accelerated||Accounting|
|Business - Accelerated||Finance|
|Business ? General||Accounting|
|Business ? General||Finance|
|Business ? General||Management/Marketing|
|Culture, Science and Technology||Mathematics|
|Fire Science||Fire Science and Public Safety|
|Justice - Corporate/Homeland Security||Criminal Justice|
|Justice - Corrections||Criminal Justice|
|Justice - Parole/Probation||Criminal Justice|
|Justice - Police Option||Criminal Justice|
|Liberal Arts - Social/Behavioral Science||Psychology|