Division of Educational Support Services
The Division of Educational Support Services at Community College of Philadelphia is committed to providing comprehensive academic support programs and services to all students. We provide students with a wide range of academic programs and support services designed to meet their specific needs and insure opportunities for a successful learning experience and achievement of academic excellence:
- Academic Advising provides students the opportunity to collaborate with a faculty advisor to explore academic and vocational goals, and to align these with a curriculum that best meets students' objectives.
- Center on Disability offers students with various disabilities assistance in the form of note-taking, sign language interpretation, as well as digital assistive technology, and more.
- The Learning Labs & Student Academic Computing Centers furnish students with computers and printers, as well as one-on-one tutoring and group workshops on various subjects.
- The Library provides books and research journals and periodicals, encyclopedias and other traditional media integral to student learning.
- Placement Tests determine students' qualification for college-level courses.
- Student Success Initiatives offers programs and services designed to increase the rates of academic success at the College. Services include oversight of Starfish Connect, the College’s academic early alert system, and support for recipients of Complete with 15, 50th Anniversary Promise, and Joseph and Marie Field scholarships.
- TRiO Student Support Services helps to mentor, guide and support low-income students through counseling, various cultural enrichment activities, tutoring, and through various rewards and incentives.
Summer Office Hours (May 9 - August 20)
Monday - Thursday: 8 am - 5:30 pm; Closed Friday
Joan L. Bush, Dean of Educational Support Services
L1-08J in the Library and Learning Commons
Debbie Polekoff, Administrative Support Specialist
L1-08I in the Library and Learning Commons