Middle States Accreditation
In Spring 2014 the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) approved new accreditation standards. Seven Standards for Accreditation and Requirements of Affiliation replace the standards that the College used in its 2004 and 2014 self-studies.
Seven Standards for Accreditation and Requirements of Affiliation
- Preamble and Introduction
- Standard I: Mission and Goals
- Standard II: Ethics and Integrity
- Standard III: Design and Delivery of the Student Learning Experience
- Standard IV: Support of the Student Experience
- Standard V: Educational Effectiveness Assessment
- Standard VI: Planning, Resources, and Institutional Improvement
- Standard VII: Governance, Leadership, and Administration
During spring 2017, the first 15 institutions were evaluated on the new standards. They provided feedback to MSCHE about the new requirements and agreed to be helpful to other institutions moving forward.
New processes and cycles also became effective Fall 2016. In adherence with these new processes, CCP has submitted Annual Institutional Updates (AIU) and participated in Mid-Point Peer Reviews (MPPR).
The Office of Assessment and Evaluation has been working with programs to create course- and program-level assessment practices that will ensure the smooth transfer of data from the program level to the peer review and self-study. In fall 2020, the College began the self-study process in preparation for a spring 2023 Middle States team visit. For more information, or to learn how to get involved, please contact the Steering Committee co-chairs at MSCHEselfstudy@ccp.edu."
The Standards for Accreditation and Requirements of Affiliation will make demonstrating the College's effectiveness and impact more intuitive.
CCP's Accreditation History
- October 2017 Middle States Monitoring Report
- Middle States Team Report - January 2016 visit
- December 2015 Middle States Monitoring Report
- February 2015 Middle States Monitoring Report
- 2014 Self Study Report
- Middle States Team Report
- Verification of Compliance
- 2014 Plan for Compliance
- 2014 Work Group Members
- 2014 Steering Committee
- 2012 Self-Study Design
- 2011 Progress Report
- 2009 Periodic Review Report
- 2006 Monitoring Report
- 2004 Accreditation Letter
- 2004 Self-Study