Transfer Agreements

Transfer Agreements

Transfer Agreements are agreements between Community College of Philadelphia and four-year colleges that specify how and when you can transfer your associate degree. Many of these four-year colleges are local or regional.

To participate in these agreements, you must earn an appropriate associate degree before transfer. These agreements are not exclusive of one another. If you transfer to a school with more than one type of agreement, the agreements can complement one another.

Types of Transfer Agreements

Community College of Philadelphia has three types of transfer agreements: dual admissions, core-to-core and program-to-program.

Dual Admissions

Developed with area colleges and universities, dual admissions transfer partnerships are designed to help you seamlessly transfer to these colleges with junior standing after completing an associate degree here.

Search our Dual Admissions Agreements


With these agreements, the general education (core) requirements of approved associate degree programs are accepted to meet the core requirements of the transfer college's curriculum. If you earn an appropriate associate degree, usually an Associate in Arts or an Associate in Science, the core requirements of the transfer college are satisfied except for the core courses required by the intended major (and in some cases the requirements that reflect the specific values of the transfer college, for example, religion or world language courses). The College has core-to-core agreements with the following institutions:

  • Arcadia University
  • Chestnut Hill College
  • College Unbound
  • Holy Family University
  • Kutztown University
  • La Salle University
  • Lincoln University
  • Rosemont College (Gen Ed-to-Gen Ed)
  • Rutgers University - Camden
  • Shippensburg University
  • Temple University (Gen Ed-to-Gen Ed)
  • Wilmington University

PASSHE Core-to-Core

The Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education institutions (commonly referred to as "PASSHE") recognize that students who transfer from Community College of Philadelphia with an Associate of Science or an Associate of Arts degree shall have satisfied the general education requirements at the receiving university with a few exceptions. Details are available on each PASSHE institution's page.


These are agreements in which an entire curriculum or program of study is accepted, so graduates of these specific associate degree programs transfer with advanced standing in a specific bachelor's degree program at the transfer college. Use the table below to search academic programs and colleges of interest.

Community College of Philadelphia has Statewide Agreements with the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE).

Search PASSHE Statewide Agreements

Questions or want to meet with someone?

Visit a Community College of Philadelphia academic advisor or counselor to discuss the transfer process and to review your goals. To schedule an appointment with an academic advisor, email To schedule an appointment with a counselor, email

Approved Academic Degree Programs

Typically, it is important that the associate degree you are pursuing appropriately prepares you to enter your intended bachelor’s degree. For example, you would earn your Associate in Science in Biology to help prepare you for your Bachelor’s of Science in Biology. This is typical of the traditional transfer process and is followed by most traditional transfer students.

But, you will notice that this list also includes bachelor’s degrees that just don’t seem to match such as an associate degree in English for the Bachelor’s of Applied Science in Technical Leadership at Bloomsburg Commonwealth University.

This is an example of what we call a degree completion program. These programs will accept all or most of the courses from any associate degree to satisfy half of a bachelor’s degree. Sometimes these programs are an appropriate match; for example, the associate in Business-General to Eastern University’s bachelor’s in Business Administration (Non-Traditional). At other times, these programs provide an opportunity to pursue a degree that is different than the associate degree major.

Students should meet with a Community College of Philadelphia academic advisor or counselor and ask the transfer institution for a transfer evaluation to find out if this is the best option for you.

Transfer guides are created and maintained to help students and staff make appropriate course and program choices. The guides show how the requirements for the appropriate Community College of Philadelphia associate degree transfer to the bachelor's institution. It is, however, possible for program requirements at Community College of Philadelphia or the transfer institution to change without advanced notice.

Transfer guides are not available for all programs. Students are advised to visit with a Community College of Philadelphia academic advisor or counselor for further assistance.

Search By Institution or Program

Use the category headers to sort by Community College of Philadelphia program major, Transfer Program major, or College/University.

= Programs with a transfer guide

CCP Programsort descending Bachelor Program Transfer Institution
Tourism and Hospitality Management Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management East Stroudsburg University
Tourism and Hospitality Management Tourism and Hospitality Management Temple University
Toyota T-TEN Organizational Leadership and Change (degree completion) College Unbound
Web and Mobile Application Development Organizational Leadership and Change (degree completion) College Unbound