University of Maryland Global Campus
The College has a program-to-program guaranteed admissions transfer agreement with University of Maryland Global Campus. To benefit from this agreement, students must earn an appropriate associate degree before transfer.
CCP employees, spouses and dependents (referred to as Program Participants), who enroll in UMGC undergraduate or graduate programs may also benefit from the reduced tuition discounts as listed below.
Under this agreement, students earning an appropriate associate degree from Community College of Philadelphia will be guaranteed admissions into University of Maryland Global Campus with third year (junior) status on the condition they:
- Graduate from Community College of Philadelphia with an appropriate Associate in Arts (A.A.) or Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree with a minimum 2.0 cumulative Community College of Philadelphia grade point average (GPA).
- Complete University of Maryland Global Campus’ admissions application prior to the regularly scheduled University of Maryland Global Campus semester in which the individual intends to enroll. The admissions application fee will be waived. Students are also responsible for meeting all other admissions requirements as noted below.
- Do not attend another institution of higher education between the time they graduate from Community College of Philadelphia and enroll at University of Maryland Global Campus.
- Enroll at University of Maryland Global Campus within one year of completing an associate degree from Community College of Philadelphia
- Transfer credit shall be awarded for courses with a grade of “C” or above for any and all courses transferred to UMGC. Grades of “D” may transfer with UMGC stipulations and if consistent with UMGC policies. Developmental courses are not eligible for transfer.
- Students are responsible for sending UMGC official transcripts for evaluation of credit from CCP and all other attended institutions, including military transcripts. Credit will also be awarded for AP, CLEP, etc. with appropriate documentation.
- The maximum number 70 credits from a 2-year college can transfer to UMGC unless specified in a transfer guide to accept additional credit. Students are required to earn at least 30 credits at UMGC including at least half of the requirements in the major or area of specialization for a total of at least 120 credits.
- UMGC guarantees that all CCP credits from CCP programs of study approved for this Agreement will fulfill general education, elective or major requirements in the corresponding UMGC major that the CCP transfer student wishes to pursue.
- Full-time students admitted with third year (junior) status to UMGC will be able to complete a bachelor's degree at UMGC within two academic years provided the student completes the appropriate associate degree at CCP and completes and appropriately sequences his/her remaining course work at UMGC. Students are advised to follow the transfer guide for the appropriate bachelor’s degree.
- Students who have pursued a CCP associate degree study other than those designated in this Agreement and who wish to transfer to UMGC may still be considered for admissions on an individual basis and their credits will be evaluated on a course-by-course basis.
In addition to submitting the University of Maryland Global Campus admissions application, to be eligible for admissions, students must meet all of University of Maryland Global Campus’s admission criteria as follows:
- Not be disqualified by federal or state law, or any policy of University of Maryland Global Campus or the University System of Maryland from admission to University of Maryland Global Campus.
- Certify on the admissions application that they have graduated from a state-approved or regionally accredited U.S. high school or achieved one of the required equivalencies under University System of Maryland Policy III-4.00; have completed high school or 60 or more credits of an Associate Degree; have satisfied University of Maryland Global Campus’s English proficiency requirement; and have satisfied all other admissions requirements under University of Maryland Global Campus Policy 210.00 Undergraduate Admission Policy (“University of Maryland Global Campus Admissions Policy”) (available at: https://www.umgc.edu/administration/policies-and-reporting/policies/academic-affairs/undergraduate-admissions.cfm).
- Be in good standing at Community College of Philadelphia
- Not be subject to disciplinary expulsions or suspensions at a University System of Maryland or other institution in accordance with Section III.E. of the University of Maryland Global Campus Admissions Policy and University System of Maryland Policy V-8.0–Board of Regents Policy on Event-Related Student Misconduct (available at: https://www.usmd.edu/regents/bylaws/SectionV/V800.html).
- Not require F1 visa or I20 applicants or other visas that requires sponsorship from University of Maryland Global Campus.
Students are encouraged to submit a Request Transfer Information form available on University of Maryland Global Campus’s National Community College Alliances page to communiate with a University of Maryland Global Campus admissions representative.
Search for Programs
Tuition Discount and Financial Aid
University of Maryland Global Campus provides a reduced tuition rate to Community College of Philadelphia students who graduate with an approved associate degree and enter UMGC as full-time or part-time undergraduate students. Community College of Philadelphia employees, spouses and dependents (Program Participants) who enroll in UMGC undergraduate or graduate programs may also benefit from the reduced tuition discounts listed below.
The tuition discount for eligible students and Program Participants shall be twenty-five percent (25%) off of out-of-state tuition. By receiving this Discounted Tuition, Community College of Philadelphia students are awarded the equivalent of in-state tuition at UMGC, for those academic programs approved in this Agreement.
UMGC offers reduced tuition rates for military service members and their spouses and eligible dependent children. To receive the reduced military tuition rate, a student or Program Participant must submit documentation to verify eligibility in accordance with the procedures for receiving the military tuition rate within 30 days of the date the application for admission is submitted. To learn more about the required documentation for military service members and their spouses and dependent children, view Steps to Apply for Military and Veteran Students: https://www.umgc.edu/military-and-veterans/benefits-and-financial-aid/military-tuition-rate-eligibility.cfm.
- Eligible students or Program Participants will not receive the 25% tuition discount if they already qualify for the in-state tuition rate or the special tuition rate offered to active-duty military service members, spouses, and dependents and are already charged the lower of the Discounted Tuition rate or the applicable rate.
- This tuition discount may be renewed each year contingent upon the students’ or Program Participants’ submitting their FAFSA and remaining in good academic standing at UMGC.
Transfer students or Program Participants will be provided with UMGC financial aid information and receive full consideration for UMGC financial aid upon matriculation at UMGC. Financial Aid will be awarded on the same basis as all UMGC students. They will have equal access to all state and federal financial aid programs.
For information concerning transfer please schedule an appointment to visit a Community College of Philadelphia academic advisor or counselor. Students are also welcome to contact the transfer institution directly.
Community College of Philadelphia
Bonnell Building, BG-12
1700 Spring Garden Street
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Bonnell Building, BG-7
1700 Spring Garden Street
Philadelphia, PA 19130
University of Maryland Global Campus
Community College Advisor
Approved Academic Degree Programs
The following Associate in Arts (A.A.) and Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree programs at Community College of Philadelphia are approved for corresponding degree programs at University of Maryland Global Campus.
Students interested in transfer for programs other than those listed should contact a University of Maryland Global Campus undergraduate admissions representative and/or meet with a Community College of Philadelphia academic advisor or counselor to discuss an appropriate plan of transfer.
Search by Program
Use the category headers to sort by Community College of Philadelphia program major or Transfer Program major.