Things You Need to Know

Year-Round Pell

Eligible students may now receive up to 150% of their scheduled Pell grants during an award year.  The financial aid award year for the Community College of Philadelphia is defined as fall semester through the summer session.  For receipt of the first Pell grant award, students may be at any enrollment status, i.e. full-time, ¾ time, ½ time, or less than ½ time. For receipt of the additional Pell grant award for summer, eligibility will be based on whether the student was paid 100% of their initial scheduled award during the fall and spring semester and is enrolled at least half-time (6-8 credit hours) for summer.  This is especially helpful to students who wish to accelerate their studies towards graduation in the summer.

Example:  An eligible student receives a full-time Pell grant of $2,960 in the fall semester and another full-time Pell grant of $2,960 for full-time again in the spring.  This student can now also receive up to another full-time Pell grant of $2,960 for the summer semester even though they have technically received 100% of their annual Pell award during the fall and spring.  This would mean that the student may be eligible to receive a total of $8,880, or 150% of their scheduled Pell grant during one academic year. 

 (Note: For purpose of Year Round Pell, the academic year is defined as 24 credits.  All Pell grant payments continue to count toward lifetime limits).

Changing Your Schedule (Drop/Add)

Every effort should be made to make all schedule adjustments prior to the beginning of classes so that registration and drop/add does not interfere with instructional activities at the beginning of each term. Exceptions to the general rule that registration and drop/add be completed prior to the first week of classes should occur in instances such as the following:

  • The College itself is responsible for errors in the student’s schedule (e.g., a student is registered into a course without proper consideration for the prerequisite of the course).
  • A student, after having registered into a course, fails the prerequisite of the course.
  • Classes are cancelled after the first day of the semester.
  • A personal crisis warrants a special review by the dean of Enrollment Management or his or her designee.

Students may drop courses during the equivalent first three weeks (first 20 percent) of the term for a course without academic penalty (i.e., the drop will not appear on the academic record). A withdrawal after the last day of the equivalent third week (20 percent point) will count in progress completion for calculating academic progress. Please see the following pages for the term dates, refund periods and withdrawal information. Students receiving financial aid should refer to (Withdrawal Dates/Information) for important information to consider before dropping any classes.

To Add a Course After the Term Starts (Policy Change Effective Fall 2018)

For Parts of Term 10 weeks or greater, where courses meet more than one day per week:

Number of Times Course Has Met Approval Required by:
One No Approval Needed
Two Instructor
Three or Four Instructor, Department Head
Five or more Instructor, Department Head, Dean

For Parts of Term 7 weeks or less:

Number of Times Course Has Met Approval Required by:                   
One Instructor
Two Instructor, Department Head
Three Instructor, Department Head, Dean

One Day Per Week Courses:

Number of Times Course Has Met Approval Required by: 
One Instructor
Two Instructor, Department Head
Three or more Instructor, Department Head, Dean

Hybrid and Fully Online Courses

Online courses for Parts of Term 10 weeks or greater:

College Business Days from the Start of Term Approval Required by:
First and Second No Approval Needed
Third and Fourth Instructor
Fifth and Sixth Instructor, Department Head
Seven or more Instructor, Department Head, Dean                   

Notes:  For any hybrids and fully online courses that are 7 weeks or less, once the term begins, instructor, department head, and the respective division dean (or designee) permission is required to add a course.  For Winter Term only, once the term begins, instructor and the respective division dean (or designee) permission is required to add a course.

To review the entire policy, click here.


With permission of the instructor teaching the course, a student may register in a course as an auditor.  No credit will be given.

Permission to change from study-for-credit status to auditing (no credit) status must be obtained from the instructor by the end of the equivalent second week of each term.  The instructor must submit an Audit Form to the Office of Student Records and Registration.  The instructor may change the grade of an auditor either at mid-term or on the final grade report from "AU" to "W" in case of excessive absence or lack of participation in the course.

Audited courses do not count in determining student eligibility for financial aid. In addition, audit grades will not be used in determining academic load for Veterans certification. Per academic policy, a course that is being taken as “audit status” cannot be changed to “study-for-credit status.”

Photo ID Information

A valid College-issued or government-issued photo ID (e.g. driver’s license) is required for all in-person, student services transactions on campus. An ID card must be shown upon request by any faculty member, security officer or any other official member of the College staff.

For more information concerning ID cards, students should inquire at the Security Office located in MG-12 on the Main Campus.

Days of the Week Codes

Codes that appear on the Student Schedule, Student Schedule/Bill, and Enrollment Confirmation Report:

M – Monday
T – Tuesday
W – Wednesday
R – Thursday
F – Friday
S - Saturday

Authorization to Disclose Student Information

Effective immediately, using the MyCCP portal, students can add or change the names of persons with whom the College may discuss the student's academic, financial or other personal information. This permission will remain in place until the student changes the authorization.

Choose the "Enrollment Services" link, then choose the "Authorization to Disclose Student Records"; provide names and type of information you wish to allow others to have access (financial aid, student account or "All College Records" records). Access will be permitted once the form is submitted.