MEET YOUR ADVISOR ON ZOOM!
We’re here to support you in reaching your goals.
Zoom is a video conferencing software that allows for video and audio communication for all meetings.
The Office of Academic Advising offers two options for student appointments which allows you to receive academic advising services from anywhere you have internet or phone access:
- Video conferencing appointments online with Zoom
- Phone appointments
During an advising appointment an academic advisor can:
- Provide you with information about program requirements
- Discuss concerns about your academic performance
- Assist you in creating academic and graduation plans
- Provide you information about college policies and resources
How to Schedule an Appointment
Schedule an appointment via Starfish Connect: how-make-advising-appointment
What to Expect
For Zoom video Conferencing Appointments:
- Prior to your scheduled appointment, your advisor will send an invitation via Zoom to your CCP email address. This will be your online connection to your scheduled appointment. You will need to create a Zoom account for this option.
- If you select a Zoom video conferencing appointment, you should use a computer or tablet for the best screen sharing capability.
For Phone Appointments:
- Your advisor will send you instructions on how to call in for your phone appointment.
- Your student ID (aka J number) is required.
- Appointments can be made by 3 p.m. the day before to 10 days in advance.
- Appointments will not display further out than 10 days in advance.
- Check back for openings daily.
- When you schedule an appointment via Starfish Connect, you will receive an immediate confirmation email that is sent to your CCP email address.
- The appointment length is 30 minutes.
- Students may not schedule more than one appointment per week.
- Guests may not accompany a student into their advising appointment without consent or FERPA Release.
- It is recommended that you are in a quiet private location that has minimal background noise if possible.
- Dress for your video conference the way you would for an in-person meeting.
- Be ready for an interactive session which will allow you to engage in the appointment!
- Please do not schedule casually and cancel last minute. An appointment time is given to and held for you, and therefore is not available to another student who needs assistance. Please be courteous to other students by canceling your appointment at least 24 hours in advance if you are unable to attend your appointment. We are understanding in the case of a true emergency (not changing your mind, or forgetting). Thank you for respecting your commitment.
- Cancelations must be done online via Starfish Connect
- You MUST call within 15 minutes of your appointment time or your appointment will be canceled