Commonly Asked Questions
1. I have a pin number on my record when I try to register, what does this mean?
Pin numbers are removed by Academic Advisors for new students once it is confirmed that you have been admitted to the college, received placement, and filled out the New Student Advising Intake form.
2. I do not have a Starfish account, why can’t I schedule an appointment?
- All new students will be sent an email with registration instructions from an advisor which is the fastest way to receive assistance.
- Academic advisors cannot register students for classes!
- For new students, registration must be completed first and then a Starfish account will be created in 24hrs.
3. I’ve previously attended another institution and I want to transfer my credits to CCP?
If you are a first-time transfer student, you will need to meet with a Counselor. Please contact the Counseling office at .
4. I haven’t registered for classes yet but I want to change my major, what should I do?
- Send an email from your CCP account to the Records and Registration office ( ) with your J number included to ask for your major to be changed.
- There are certain majors that you cannot change to due to entry requirements or an application process. There is an * listed next to these Degree Certificate Programs.
5. I registered for my courses but I do not know the start and end dates. Where can I find this information?
- You can check your schedule in MyCCP by clicking on the Student tab in yellow and then under Enrollment Services click Enrollment Profile. Your classes will be listed with the start and end date. See your schedule here.
6. Why are my courses not listed in Canvas?
Check canvas closer to the start date of the course and if you still do not see your courses populated then please reach out to your professor(s).