Summer Enrichment Program
Welcome to the Next Level Summer Enrichment Program
We are the Center for Male Engagement (CME) and we are excited to go with you on this new journey into college and beyond.
The summer program is a four-week experience that will expose you to college-level coursework to help refresh academically for the upcoming semester. The program will also help you learn about all of the resources at Community College of Philadelphia that are available to you as a student. During the last week of the program, we'll take a trip to Kutztown University and stay on campus for four days to give you a taste of what it's like to live on a college campus. At the end of the program, you'll also receive a $300 stipend.
The CME's mission is to support male identifying students of color at CCP. We are here to help you prepare for this new college experience and the personal growth that this next level requires from you.
If this sound like something you'd be interested in, complete the application form below and we'll contact you with more information and additional details!
- Academic refresher classes taught by CCP faculty
- Noncredit, low stress classes that aren't graded, designed to help you brush-up your math, reading and wrting skills before the semester begins
- Eligible students can re-take the placement test to improve your initial test results
- Financial assistance—$300 stipend after completion of the program
- Free breakfast and lunch during the program
- SEPTA day passes at the end of every day for those who need them
- Experiential Off-campus trip—4 day/3 night stay on a college campus in campus dorms
- Stay in college dorms and eat at the campus dining facility, participate in campus tours and attend workshops, and meet former CME students
- On the last day, we'll also take a day trip to the Poconos for a whitewater rafting adventure
- College resource workshops led by CCP staff
- Financial Aid, Counseling, Athletics, Single Stop, Career Connections, the Library and more
- College tour of all the buildings, the amenities and the hidden gems
- Social connections—meet like-minded brothers on campus
- In addition to CME staff, creating strong peer connections is key in making sure you have a few accountability brothers in your corner
- Must complete an admission application to the Community College of Philadelphia
- Must complete the College’s Placement Test and be admitted to the College
- Must be a first-time incoming student at the Community College of Philadelphia
- Must submit the CME’s Summer Program Application no later than May 30, 2022
- Must attend a scheduled interview on Main Campus