Graduation and Commencement FAQs
Do I need to submit a graduation application?
Yes. You must complete a graduation application once you have registered for all remaining courses and have a cumulative grade point average of a 2.0 or higher. Once your record is evaluated, your graduation application status will be updated. You can check your status by logging into your MYCCP portal account.
When should I expect to receive my degree or certificate?
Degrees and certificates will be mailed after the finalization process is complete. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks after grades are reported.
What is the cost for the cap and gown (regalia)?
There is no cost for the cap and gown.
When is the graduation ceremony? Where is it held? What time? How many guests can I invite?
- The graduation ceremony (commencement) is held once a year in May.
- Details about the location and time will be posted on the Graduation web page starting in March.
- There are no restrictions on the number of guests that a graduating student can invite.
Is attending the Commencement Ceremony required?
No. However, we encourage students to attend; sharing this experience with family and friends is a memorable moment you will never forget.
Who can attend the Commencement Ceremony?
- Any student who completes a graduation application by the deadline and is eligible.
- Any student completing degree and/or certificate requirements within the academic year.
Is there a Commencement Ceremony every semester?
No. There is only one (1) commencement ceremony. The commencement ceremony is held in May every year. However, degrees and certificates are conferred at the end of each semester term; fall, winter, spring, and summer.
When and Where can I take my graduation pictures?
Graduation pictures will be taken at the commencement ceremony. Look for additional information around March.