Volunteer & Service Learning Hub
Sign up to Volunteer!
Welcome to the Fall 2023 Semester! We are excited to volunteer and serve alongside you soon.
Join us in helping others and improving our community. Did you know volunteering can be added on to your College applications, can help you earn a Scholarship and receive a recommendation letter? Don’t miss out on your opportunity to do good, feel good and benefit your education through volunteerism.
You can let us know you're interested in volunteering through the link below:
- Interested in volunteering? Sign up here.
Log your service hours
Are you volunteering through one of our many programs or representing the College as a volunteer? If so, log your hours in the link below. All volunteers may be eligible for service awards and recognition!
Service Learning Spotlight 2023
The following academic areas have offered community engaged service-learning projects in partnership with the Institute for Community Engagement and Civic Leadership!
- Black Studies students learned about community farming, gardening, harvesting and more at Sankofa Community Farm at Bartram’s Garden, a local farm rooted in the experience of the African Diaspora
- Behavioral Health and Human Services students partnered with Gateway to College and Project Career Launch to practice Positive Youth Development Strategies for students on their path to graduating high school and entering college and the workforce
- Students in Health Care Studies served at MANNA and prepared food for those who are chronically ill in our City
- Respiratory Care students supported our Adopt-A-School Holiday drive promoting the initiative and collecting items for School District of Philadelphia students from K- 8th grades
- Allied Health students supported Grady’s Garden to support food sovereignty at the College for our students and local community
Featured Volunteer Opportunities
If you are passionate about social justice issues, want to create change in your city and beyond, and you are interested in learning more about how our democracy works, get involved with #CCPVotes. The Institute’s civic engagement and voter education program has opportunities to volunteer at voter registration tables, participate in virtual voter education sessions, and intern at nonprofits in the city. Reach out to Olivia Edwards at for more information about upcoming events and how to get involved.
Grady’s Community Garden
Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. | 17th Street, next to the Bonnell Building
The Garden promotes food sovereignty—the right to choose what you eat and how it's grown in a healthy, culturally appropriate, and ecologically sustainable food production system. Activities include planting, weeding, watering and more! Please contact Olivia Edwards at to get involved.
Next Steps AmeriCorps Program
The Next Steps AmeriCorps Program gives first-year students the opportunity to be paired with a mentor to assist them in their freshman year of college. This is a great way to benefit from the wisdom of those who have successfully completed their first year at CCP, and be introduced to the various offices and services on campus that exist to help you do the same. All first-year students are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to sign up. First-year students are also encouraged to engage as a service member for the following year as second-year students and become mentors to new students! Please email Michael Miles at to sign up.
Sankofa Community Farm at Bartram’s Garden
Bartram's Garden, 5400 Lindbergh Blvd., Philadelphia, PA 19143
Make an impact at Sankofa Community Farm in Southwest Philadelphia and join us for planting seeds, weeding, and preparing the garden for the next harvesting season to support the local community. Please email Michael Miles at to sign up.
Do you have a question about volunteering or service-learning? Reach out to our team here:
- Michelle Lopez -
- Michael Miles -
- Olivia Edwards -