In response to the ongoing public health issues surrounding COVID-19, and to do our part in preventing its spread, the Institute for Community Engagement and Civic Leadership will now be promoting virtual volunteer opportunities and socially distanced service opportunities.
Please read below to learn more about how you can give back during the pandemic!
Ways to Give Back & Volunteer During the Covid-19 Pandemic
With many of us having to temporarily slow down our lives, now is a great time to help meet the needs that currently exist in our city, some of which are simply words of encouragement and gratitude. Check out all of the different ways you can contribute to the community during the COVID-19 pandemic for our City. They include:
- Sign up to Serve as a Volunteer through the College's Pride Portal to support our community
- Give back to one of the many non-profits through the Mayor's office of Civic Engagement and Volunteer Service to meet the needs in our City
- Create "Thank You" cards and signs to send, post online; or hold them up for your local first responders and other essential staff when you see them (e.g. Septa operators, police officers, firefighters, grocery store workers)
- Check-in with your neighbor and put a care package together for those who need extra support during this time
- Spread positivity on social media and reshare local service opportunities