|REGISTER TO VOLUNTEER|
Attention students, faculty, staff and administrators: If you are interested in volunteering during the spring 2020 semester, please complete the electronic sign up form here or email Michael Miles, Community Engagement Specialist, at
Volunteer opportunities and events are listed below.
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities (sign up above)
Feel good about giving back and receive an #iVolunteer t-shirt. Make the city a better place by participating in these activities focused on enviornmental engagement, civic engagement, youth education, and homelessness and hunger.
- Every 1st and 3rd Saturday, 9 a.m. to Noon: Cobbs Creek Park clean up with Professor Guffanti. (Environmental engagement)
- Every Thursday: Trail Service in Northwest Philadelphia supported by Professor Hock. (Environmental engagement)
- Every 2nd Saturday: Philadelphia Parks and Recreation beautification volunteers assist with varied projects taking place at several different sites throughout the city. (Environmental engagement)
- January 20, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Martin Luther King Day of Service at Girard College. Sign Up for service projects, job fairs, workshops or the kids carnival. (Civic engagement)
- January 23: Come and be counted! Volunteer opportunity for employees. Help the College survey youth who are experiencing homelessness to better advocate for city funding to support housing efforts. (Homelessness and hunger)
- January 27 to February 28: In partnership with the city's Office of Homeless Services, donate new socks to the Institute in Room S3-03 for those who are homeless and in need. (Donation drive)
- February 3 to April 28: Your vote is your voice! Volunteer for #CCPVotes voter registration drives. (Civic engagement)
- February 27 to May 20: Spark Mentoring Program, become a mentor to 7th grade students and volunteer your time every Thursday from 3 to 5 p.m. (Youth education)
- March 9 to March 27: Adopt-A-School personal care items drive. (Donation drive)
- March 26 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Winnet Student Life Building Great Hall: Junior Achievement Step to Success Day. Volunteers are needed to serve as tour guides for 300 3rd grade students.
- April 1: Adopt-A-School donation packing. (Donation drive)
- May 28 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Winnet Student Life Building Great Hall: Junior Achievement Step to Success Day. Volunteers are needed to serve as tour guides for 300 3rd grader students.
About Junior Achievement Steps to Success
Junior Achievement Step to Success (JASTS) develops a foundation of college aspiration among 3rd grade students in the School District of Philadelphia. JASTS volunteers guide students on a visit through a local campus to gain a better understanding of student life. Volunteers are provided with a guide to assist students in visualizing themselves on campus and beginning to understand key college terms. Ideal volunteers would be faculty, current students or alumni who are interested in inspiring students to believe in themselves, and showing them that college is a reality. Background clearances and training are required. Please email for more information.
Past Volunteer Opportunities
Fall 2019 volunteer opportunitis included Cobbs Creek Park clean-up activities, Philadelphia Parks and Recreation projects, Philly Reading Coaches, volunteer day at Sankofa Farm, #CCPVotes voter registration activities, First Book donations, Junior Achievement day, Adopt-A-School holiday food drive for Spring Garden School and the Adopt-A-School holiday dinner for the families of Spring Garden School.