- Individual consultations
- Referral to women’s agencies and social service organizations
- Crisis Assistance and Prevention Information
- Educational and issue awareness seminars, skill building workshops, and special conferences and presentations
- Collaborative efforts within the College and the community
- General advocacy to both administration and faculty on behalf of students
- Resource library of books, journals and videos
- A brave and safe space
- Support groups
- Volunteer opportunities
- Meeting space for small groups
Q. What is gender equity?
A. In an educational environment, gender equity means equal involvement and learning opportunities for women and men, both of whom may participate, learn and prepare for future education, jobs and careers with no gender-based expectations. Equal encouragement for all in this context is essential equitable treatment as required by law. Gender equity principles and equal opportunity also apply in the workplace and other arenas in society.
Q. Are men welcomed in the Women’s Outreach and Advocacy Center?
A. Women and men are each encouraged to utilize the Center's resources and services. Both attend our programs and events, participate in group activities and meetings, and support our efforts.