Academic Advising Virtual Check-Ins
|Who||The Academic Advising virtual check-in is available to current CCP students who are in good academic standing and/or new students that have already received an educational plan from an Academic Advisor.|
|What||The purpose of the virtual check-in is to answer quick, general questions about academic policies and procedures. This is not a full-length advising session.|
|When||Monday through Thursday, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 5 to 7 p.m.; and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.|
|How||Live chat via Zoom. Join here.|
|Note:||In order to serve as many students as we can, the virtual check-ins are limited to 15 minutes per student. Once you are signed in, you will enter a virtual waiting room. Due to high volume, wait times may be longer than usual. A staff member will meet with students in the order in which students enter the Virtual Waiting Room. You will meet one-on-one with a staff member once a staff member becomes available. Please feel free to visit the Virtual Student Support Services webpage while you wait.|
Guidelines for Participants
- Your student ID (J number) is required, and you will need to have a photo ID readily available.
- The virtual check-in sessions are limited to 15 minutes per student.
- You will need access to a computer with video chat capabilities and a microphone. You can use your smartphone or tablet for virtual advising if necessary; however, access to a computer is preferable as your advisor may want to share documents and resources that are easier to view and save on a computer.
- Depending on your questions, and if more time is needed, you may be asked to schedule a follow-up appointment with an advisor to ensure all of your questions are addressed.
- Guests may not accompany a student in a session without consent or FERPA release.
- It is recommended that you are in a quiet private location that has minimal background noise, if possible.
- If you require a sign language interpreter to participate in the meeting, you might best be served by scheduling an appointment with an Academic Advisor. Otherwise, you will need to use the “chat” function of Zoom to communicate with us.
Thank you in advance for your patience and for joining us.